Friday, March 23, 2007

Tuesday (in my world)

Ya see, I play this little mental game with the hours I'm on the clock. I am ON for 37.5 hours per week. I don't count drive times. So, based on a five day work week, every 7.5 hours on the clock equals One Day. By the time I get off on the first day, I'm actually already five hours into the next day.

I've always had a thing for numbers. No, I am no math whiz. I just like to play with them.

It started a long time ago. One good example comes from the years spent working in a dry cleaners. The numeric tags they put on clothes. Ours were 5 digits.

Some numbers could 'take me places'. 2409, 1917, 156, 175 and many many others represent different destinations.

Another thing I do with numbers is play 21. Not just adding them up. I work all kinds of little functions to end up at 21. Somewhere in my head is a scoring system. I can't yet get it on paper but the number of digits and the functions used are all worth points.

3 and 7 wouldn't be worth much but say...

0- 1- 2- 9- 7 would be more. More cards and more functions.

1-0=1, 1+2=3, 9/3=3, 3x7= 21

Rereading and spell checking as I usually do, I realize that I really should eat something! Kinda nonsensical here.

Hey, let's call it whimsical!

Gonna load up the CD and Nuke something!!!

No comments: