Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Blogging 101...



First attempt to insert photos into the ol' blog. Photo quality stinks but, it's a start.

Decided to feed three birds with one post.

First, "The Beautiful Brown-Eyed Girls" first glimpse of her herb garden.

Second, an homage to Gringa and Bob the Bloggers.

To the right are the beginnings of a large herb garden. The Rosemary, Italian Parsley, Chives and Lavender are going like crazy!!! In addition to these, there are two dozen pods sprouting in the kitchen. (Redundancy) Four pods each of Basil, Mint, Oregano, Sage, Tarragon and Thyme. They will be transplanted next week (I hope).


Here we have a hangar full. This is not from the facility I slave in now. It is a pretty good shot of one King Air amongst a gaggle of Beechjets. The King Air is the one in the foreground with the entry door behind the wing.

My favorite airplanes on the planet. If I had hit that mega millions lotto last night, today I would be looking for a B200 with cargo door, high-float gear and all of the Raisbeck go fast haul more goodies installed. Greek to most of you. Let's put it this way. A "200" will go in and out of unimproved fields. In and out of Trujillo, Mocoron, Isla de Cisne. You could damn near get one in and out of my parents front yard. They are elegant hard working Dames. You can see them standing proud on airfields around the world.

Brief war story. (I know, that's an oxymoron but I will try to be quick.) I used to go out with "My Guys" to scout fields for the next day. I'd kneel at the pedestal and watch the world from the front windows. Hills and trees. Mountains and trees. Still more mountains, hills and trees. One of them would pipe up.
"There it is."
"Roger."
"I'll set us at X altitude and Y airspeed on Z heading. On my mark you time it and we'll see how long it is."
"Roger"
"HEY! WAIT JUST A COTTON-PICKIN' MINUTE!!! Where EXACTLY are you gonna put MY AIRPLANE?!?!?!"

Now, let's see what happens when I press "PUBLISH"!!??

No comments: