Monday, February 5, 2007

Friday night to Monday morning

Wow, how did I get from there to here so fast.

Emotional havoc around here. Amongst all of the ongoing 'life maintenance and repairs' I got a voice mail from an out of state friend.

I could tell, first by the fact that she called, then her tone of voice. "David, I need to talk to you. I've got bad news that I think you'd want to hear."

Now, we've been friends for a long while but lately it seems that when she calls it is due to a 'death in the family'. We have mutual friends in their sixties and seventies. Not all are in great health. They are not a bunch of shut ins but the wear and tear takes it's toll. So, my first thought was who?

Many busy signals later, it's not one of the tough old farts but a friend our own age. Carbon monoxide poisoning. Details are sketchy and not really something for this blog.

John Day, another great guy has joined the roster of those that know, "What's next."

I apologize for being so morose on a Monday morning. It happens.

Without listing all of the cliche's I'm going to twist an old one instead...

"Love 'em if ya got 'em."

That's a sad Whole Lotta Nada.

No comments: