Saturday, March 29, 2008

My name is David and...

I'm a CD-holic.

Whew. That felt good.

It is nearly impossible for me to walk past a CD rack without picking up something.

This week-

"Ultimate Guitar Rock". Not exactly my ultimate 17 guitar songs but it did have a couple of songs I probably wouldn't have otherwise. Rockaway Beach by the Ramones and Sweet Jane by the Velvet Underground.

"Time Takes Time" Ringo Starr is my ultimate Beatle. Weight Of The World, Don't Go Where The Road Don't Go, In A Heartbeat. I love the reference to It Don't Come Easy in Don't Go Where The Road Don't Go. It Don't Come Easy is my ultimate Ringo song.

"Let Me Up (I've had Enough)". Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers. Jammin' Me, Runaway Train, The Damage You've Done, How Many More Days... It's not Damn The Torpedos but it is a good album.

"Diamond Girl". Seals and Crofts. Classic stuff like Diamond Girl, We May Never Pass This Way (Again), Standing On A Mountain Top. This one rolls back the clock!

"The Best Of Isaac Hayes The Polydor Years". What? A skinny white boy can't have a little soul?

No comments: