Friday, August 3, 2007

The Ratio

It's not as bad as I thought. 106 posts out of 138 drafts. I really expected to see that I had more than 32 unposted drafts.

I do wonder what other Bloggers ratio might be.

I'm sure there are people that post everything that comes to mind. Also, people that meticulously craft and perfect each draft and see it through to posting.

There must be many stages in between those two types of Blogger.

I fall somewhere in between.

There are times when I want to shout every thought or feeling out loud for the world to hear. Then when it comes time to hit the publish or send button, I decide to keep it to myself.

Sometimes just the act of writing it down is enough.

There are times when my emotions get the best of me and I just hit the send button and question the decision later.

Oops! There ain't a retract feature. Can't take it back. I've had a few of those moments lately.

I tend to keep most thoughts and feelings bottled up. I either don't care for anyone else to know what I'm thinking or feeling OR I worry about what someone else is going through and don't want to bother them with my trivial emotions.

Sometimes I do something stupid like put that bottle of stuff on a hot surface. For some reason it always comes as a surprise when the lid blows off and the stuff goes everywhere!

When we were kids my Brother the Master SGT had a picture of a large primate. The caption was something like, "Sometimes I sits and thinks. Sometimes I just sits."

That's me, sorta.

Sometimes I sit too much.

Sometimes I think to much.

What's the problem with thinking too much?

Well, I'll tell ya what...

If you think too much about a problem without having the correct formula and try to solve for all of the unknowns without having the correct known values, you get the wrong result.

You might feel certain that you have the best answer.

When it comes time to exchange papers and break out the red pencils, it's too late to ask questions.

The best answer isn't always the right answer.

There are times when the risk reward ratio is inverted. By that I mean the risk of burdening someone else is far less than the reward that results from open hearts.

No comments: