Tuesday, September 23, 2008

$700,000,000,000

I'm sitting here in my little space with my aged yet paid for vehicles out front eating leftover pizza... I've been trying to find a word or two to describe how I feel about a Seven Hundred BILLION Dollar Bail Out.

I found one, PISSED.

I'm pissed off!

ONE of the things that really bugs me is the Used Car Sales Third Party Close,"This is a GREAT deal BUT you have to take the deal RIGHT THIS SECOND or the deal is off the table and it will cost you a lot more money later!"

I smell a scam.

Believe me, I've been on both sides of more than a few of those.

So, next thing...

We're gonna call Mr Fuck Up in and LOAN him billions of OUR dollars.

SURE! Great Idea! "Here ya go Mr Fuck Up! You've run your business into the ground. No big deal. Here's $700,000,000,000.00. Go try again!"

YES! I know there are more than one Mr F's.

AND! I know this whole thing started a long time ago.

See, it started with the Slicks and Hicks WE elected or allowed to be elected with our complacency.

Then, those Slicks and Hicks met up with some real Slicky Boys. The ones with the real money.

So, ya know, to put a broader gray area between bribery and honesty, the Slicky Boys hired Lobbyists. The TRUE Slicky Boys.

Alright, I'm outta control here. The whole damn thing is out of control.

I see the CHECK. It's damn hard to miss the 700,000,000,000 Lb Gorilla.

Where's the BALANCE?

Where are the repercussion's for Mr F?

What happens when the same policies produce the same results?

You can't run the world on credit.

I would have failed high school accounting if it weren't for Mary Armstrong letting me copy her homework and her test answers. Still, even I know that multiple accounts and minimum debt service payments = Bad Joo Joo.

And, it's not just John Q. Citizen living that way. It's the whole damn government.

The whole thing is a house of cards. One, just one of the people with a direct line to the underpinnings could pull it out from under us.

I was home when the Repo Man came a callin'. That's not anything anyone wants to experience.

Anybody got a copy of "Mandarin Made Easy"? I think I'd like to get a head start.

No comments: