Monday, May 5, 2008

What'll it be?

Residents of Edmond, OK want cell phone service.
Residents of Edmond, OK don't want a new cell phone tower.
"Not in my backyard!"

U.S. Residents want electricity.
They don't want nuclear power plants.
They don't want to build wind power fields.

U.S. Residents want gas prices to go down.
U.S. Residents want to be less dependant on foreign oil.
They don't want to drill for oil in areas rich with oil.
They don't want to build new refinery's.
"Not in my back yard!"

"Not off of the Florida coast! You'll ruin my view! {Oil}
"Not off of Martha's Vinyard! You'll ruin my (drunken murderous, Kennedy) view!" {Windmills}
"Not in South Texas! You'll interrupt migratory bird routes!" {Windmills}
"Not in ANWAR! You'll disrupt caribou migration!" {Oil}

Well then, I ask, "What do you people want?"

"WE WANT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO DO SOMETHING!!!"

OOHhhhh, Okay. Move to Cuba! Ya get that free health care AND Castro and Chavez will be drilling off of the Florida coast. IF they aren't already! Rah! Rah! Go! Go! CITGO!!!

I'm not sure how you'll import that 4X4 Lincoln Navigator though.

One more question, how often do ya go muddin' in that 4X4?

2 comments:

Hal Johnson said...

National Public Radio put in some relay towers near our neighborhood a few years ago. At first, my wife and I got on the NIMBY bandwagon. After a little soul searching, though, we bailed off of that bandwagon. After all, we sometimes listen to NPR.

Anonymous said...

I feel fortunate to witness these global events happening in my lifetime. I hope this election turns out to be a new beginning